Matteo Nannini will stay with Campos Racing for this weekend’s Formula 2 round at Silverstone.
The 18-year-old Italian, who drove for Spanish outfit Campos last time out in Baku, appeared making the announcement in a video published on Twitter on Wednesday evening by the Argentinian journalist Walter Marzano.
“Hi everyone! I’m at Silverstone for the Formula 2 race, and I’m here with Campos Racing”, said Nannini in a statement he delivered in Spanish.
Although an official confirmation is yet to come, the Italian was, indeed, at Silverstone and wearing Campos team kit.
Therefore Formula Scout understands that no last minute changes will be made, and that the Spanish outfit will keep its line-up from the previous round after Nannini was drafted in for Baku once Gianluca Petecof ran out of budget.
Nannini started the season with HWA Racelab, but after the Bahrain season opener decided to focus on his FIA Formula 3 Championship campaign with the team and he pulled out of F2. He only missed one round before signing with Campos.
The driver who replaced him at HWA was Jack Aitken, who is also staying on for Silverstone and delivered Campos’s last two F2 podiums at this circuit last year.
After two top 10 finishes from three races with HWA, Nannini had a best finish of 11th with Campos in Baku. He says he will try to improve on his previous results.
“This is a very important weekend for the team, and results here will be crucial. Last year Campos achieved great results, so I can’t wait for the weekend to start.
“I want to thank the team and my sponsors. See you soon!”