The new Argentinian Formula 4 championshp has had his first season delayed once again, with a start date now penned for next year.
In April, the championship was formally launched and a provisional seven-round calendar was presented which began in July and ended in November, and featured circuits that have held Formula 1, MotoGP and the World Superbike Championship.
It is believed that there had been several previous attempts to introduce F4 to the country, none of which succeeded.
Ahead of the proposed season opener, series organiser Tito Perez told Formula Scout that the opening two rounds would be cancelled as the championship awaited delivery of multiple chassis from Mygale and engines from Chinese manufacturer Geely.
The third round was also cancelled at short notice due to delivery issues, and in September it was announced that the championship would be moved to a new starting date of mid-October, with a pre-season test in Uruguay.
While the test did take place, the opening round did not, and the season opener at Buenos Aires was rescheduled once again to take place on November 23/24.
Perez has got in contact with Formula Scout to reveal that the championship will not being this weekend.
“We will not do the competition, just some tests, and we will start our championship in 2020 when the political and economic situation of Argentina is a little clearer,” he said.
Argentina went through a general election last month, and has only recently left a state of recession in its economy.
The country’s motorsport scene continues to flourish though, with the premier Super TC2000 touring car championship and it’s longlasting Formula Renault series.